Saturday, March 19, 2005

On a Plane to Bahrain



As you can see from the ticket, I'll soon be on a plane to Bahrain. I've been assigned to represent my boss, Secretary Virgilio Peña, at the 3rd Asia IT Ministers Summit. The first summit was in Seoul, Korea and the second was in Hyderabad, India (click here for the declarations from the first two summits).

The current summit is from March 21 to 22. This is my first opportunity to represent the country at an international event and I pray I do a good job.

Due to government austerity measures, we're only allowed to travel when someone else is paying. So it was only when my ticket arrived on Friday, that I knew the trip was surely pushing through. I checked the ticket: leaving on the 19th, returning on the 24th. But oh my gosh!

Click on the ticket for a second look. Returning on April 24? Honest mistake or hidden message? Stay tuned for further developments. In the meantime, check out the summit website for more details!

5 Comments:

At Sun Mar 20, 06:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hidden message is: they don't want you back, soon at least? Ha..ha..

Good luck to your trip!

 
At Sun Mar 20, 12:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

or maybe hidden message is... they gonna put you to work to pay for your ticket ;-)

 
At Sun Mar 20, 10:05:00 PM, Blogger bizdriven said...

the last week, I heard a speaker said ( and it could have been Ver Pena if I was not mistaken) that the way to solve our country's economic crisis was to export the politicians.... I wonder if they are already starting that...

No you are not the politician, and we hope you stay (grin)...

 
At Mon Mar 21, 10:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they want you to watch the Bahrain Formula 1 event :-)

 
At Tue Mar 22, 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Web Master said...

Good luck and may you bring home what others have successfully done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger